Why you need to start making music landing pages
If you are a budding musician, singer, songwriter, or musician who plays or teaches an instrument who needs to promote himself or his music, creating a music landing page is a must.
It is extremely important for those who want to sell their music albums or for those who want to teach others how to play a particular musical instrument.
What is a landing page?
A landing page is a webpage that is different from your homepage. Your homepage is general, while the landing page is specific and focused. The landing page is a simple page on which the visitor lands with a focused purpose and it helps in converting a visitor to a customer. It helps you strike a deal, sells your music album, and make a special offer, in return for providing specific contact information.
A landing page will try to convince a potential customer to provide his personal details in exchange for your offer. Hence, a landing page is extremely useful to boost sales or to capture leads in this demanding world, where selling one’s product is a huge task. A landing page can lead you to another page, such as an e-commerce site with a single click.
A landing page helps you convert your hard effort into monetary sales. It also improves your SEO and helps in building your brand and driving your traffic and sales. It is a great way to create a strong customer base since the landing page encourages the customer to take a specific action, like buying a particular product, deal, etc.
Why is a landing page so important?
Landing pages are important because they help in converting more traffic since they are extensively focused on a single goal. Landing pages are very important from the business point of view because research has shown that businesses with around 10-15 landing pages convert business by 55%; while those having 40 landing pages are found to convert business by 500%.
There are several advantages of having a good landing page. They are as follows:
1. They tend to capture the attention of the customer for a longer time than a homepage.
2. They lead the customer to the offer and not just the company.
3. They are simple, focused, and have no distractions.
4. They are responsible for collecting specific information about your potential customers.
5. They also allow the users access to other marketing channels.
What is a Music Landing Page?
A Music Landing Page may be defined as a page that is created so that when someone visits it, they get an idea about the artist, his music, his album, etc. It is a dedicated page on your website that gives your fans a better idea about you and it is a place where they can find out a lot of information about you and your music.
It is a webpage that a fan can visit to access the artist’s song, playlist, or album and even make a purchase from that artist or musician. It is a page on your website which is created for a unique reason, like allowing your fan to buy your music, signing for your email list, or even participating in a particular contest.
Usually, the homepage of an artist's website is bound to stay unchanged but the landing page is different. It is a page where the artist directs his fans when he (the artist) wants his fans to check out his latest album.
The landing page is supposed to be free of distractions and most do not even have navigation or contain any other links, except for a big button. They are supposed to be simple, focused, and free of distractions.
There can be any number of landing pages, each serving a different purpose. But the main criteria remain the same the landing page has to be clutter-free, and specific and should not have any information overload that can cause the customer’s attention to waver.
What does a Music Landing Page contain?
A music landing page contains things like the links where your music is available, direct downloads of your music, and may even contain musical courses and lessons.
Why are Music Landing Pages important?
A landing page is very important especially if you are promoting your new album. For example, your Twitter fans are not interested in the entire information on your homepage, but they just want to download your music, they can do it by accessing the landing page.
Music Landing pages are important because they help in maximizing exposure and reach about the date of release of music, driving sales or the streams of the newly released music, and also aid in driving ticket sales and help in growing YouTube followers, and Spotify followers, and the artist's email list.
Create your first landing page with Releese
Create redirects, smart links or pre-save pages to engage your audience and gain more streams
How to create a Music Landing Page?
1. Create a page within your website CMS, then design it as per your requirements.
2. Host your WordPress website and use a premium drag-and-drop plugin as it will allow you to create unlimited links, without upgrading or having to connect to other services.
3. You can also add an online shop or any other online music marketing trend that will work in the future.
4. Make use of ConvertFlow’s landing page builder to design and launch a landing page easily.
5. Customize a template from a library.
6. Write an eye-catching tagline to attract people.
7. Also, include a large button that is impossible to miss and that will lead customers to buy your music.
8. Include links to your social profile so that those customers who do not buy your music right away can follow you and your music talent.
Music Landing Page templates: In case you want to create your music landing page, you can refer to Releese which has a huge range of customizable options. You have to add your brand, upload your artwork and customize it as per your needs and requirements.
How to create more conversion-focused landing pages for Musicians?
Learning how to make conversion-focused landing pages for Musicians is important if the musician wants more sales of his album or wants more Spotify streams.
Here are a few tips to achieve the same
1. Have a single call to action: It has been noted that the landing page that ends up getting the most sales or streams is the one that is the simplest page with a simple design and a focused single call to action. Often the prettiest landing pages with a lot of clutter lead to confusion and not sales.
2. No distractions: Distractions never lead to any sale, only confusion. Make sure that your CTA button is impossible to miss. So its color, and font have to be large and attractive and it has to stand out on the entire landing page.
3. Setting up the tracking pixels properly: is important so that we get an idea as to how well our music landing page is converting.
Spotify Streams- Conversion-optimized music links:
After Spotify gained popularity, music link-styled webpages have cropped up. They are now the most common kinds of landing pages for music. These music links are called 'smart links'. They are landing pages containing buttons that link out to a particular song, playlist, or album on all the streaming sites.
So try to search for a music link tool that does the following:
1. Creates unlimited links for your music.
2. So that the user should go to your profile and not the actual song, you should be allowed to modify the 'Spotify’ button.
3. The smart link should be modified so that there is only a button for Spotify.
4. Have the Facebook Pixel installed.
5. Allows you to set up a customer domain so that you can verify your domain with Facebook.
1. Lewis Capaldi’s landing page has options on how to buy the album and contains logos of brands that his fans are well versed with like Spotify and Apple Music. No wonder, his landing page is focused on driving his album sales.
2. Justin Bieber’s: landing page is very simple and has just one simple download button. It even has easily accessible social sharing buttons so that a person can easily share this link with their friends, resulting in Justin Bieber increasing his fan base.
Thus, in this article, we have seen what is a landing page and why it is important for a musician to have his own music landing page.